- Admission Requirements: - Applicants must hold at least a bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an academic institution recognized by the University of Saskatchewan. Official copies of your complete academic record must accompany your application.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants must be proficient in English prior to admission. Proficiency is demonstrated in the following ways:
- Applicants must have completed at least three years of study in an institution that is recognized by the U of S as being an English school. Please see the USASK Proficiency Website.
- Minimum English Test Scores or grades achieved for specific Countries and Qualification.
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or a Michigan Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) score of at least 85.
- A photocopy of test results can be sent with your application and, upon admission, the original scoresheet will be required. Prior to admission, the Department may require a demonstration of spoken English.
- Academic Achievement - Applicants must have an academic achievement equivalent to one of the following standards. A more complete list is available in the College of Graduate Studies information for prospective students. Qualification is based on all technical courses taken in the last two full years of university study.
|Canada and USA||"B" average (70% or better) or 3 on most 4-point systems.|
|United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other Commonwealth countries.||An upper second class honours degree.|
|India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh||First class or first division bachelor''s and master''s. Average 63% where the passing grade is 40% or average 70% where the passing grade is 50%.|
|Iran||Bachelor''s degree with an overall grade of 16 on a 20-point scale.|
|Egypt||Honours degree with at least Very Good (80%) standing.|
|Japan||B+ standing or grade point average 3 out of 4.|
|People''s Republic of China||An overall B+ average (85% or better).|
|Taiwan||A B+ average (usually 80% or better).|
|Russia and Ukraine||Diplom ob Okanchanii Vysshego Uchebnogo Zaredeniia (Diploma Specialist) with average 4 on a 5 scale(GOOD).|
|Mexico||Licenciado/Licenciatura or Titulo with overall average of 8 on a 10-point scale or BIEN standing.|
- Pre-requisite Courses: - As part of their bachelor's degree, applicants should have completed at least 3 courses in the intended field of study.