PolyJet™ Technology – 3-Dimensional Printing Applications
ObjetGeometries was the first company to successfully jet photopolymer material. When Objet introduced its patented PolyJet™ technology in early 2000, it enabled, for the first time, companies of virtually any size to produce complex models quickly and in high-quality.
Since then, Objet has continually enhanced the PolyJet process, enabling smaller machines, more accurate builds, and improved cost effectiveness. With non-contact resin handling and water-jet removal of support material, PolyJet is the ideal 3-dimensional printing technology for office environments.
The Company continues to push the technology envelope in order to bring PolyJet-based high-resolution 3-dimensional printing into the reach of an ever-broader range of companies and professionals.
The PolyJet Process
Objet'spatented PolyJet inkjet technology works by jetting state of the art photopolymer materials in ultra-thin layers (16µ) onto a build tray layer by layer until the part is completed. The intuitive Objet studio™ software manages the process.
Each photopolymer layer is cured by UV light immediately after it is jetted, producing fully cured models that can be handled and used immediately, without post-curing. The gel-like support material, which is specially designed to support complicated geometries, is easily removed by hand and water jetting.
- High quality: Market-leading resolution of 16µ ensures smooth, accurate and highly detailed parts and models.
- Highly accurate:Precise jetting and build material properties enables fine details and thin walls (600µ or less depending on geometry and materials)
- Clean:Suitable for an office environment, with non-touch resin loading/unloading, easy support removal, and easy replacement of jetting heads
- Fast: Rapid process, due to high-speed raster build at full width, simultaneous building of multiple items, and no post-curing
- Versatile:The wide variety of FullCure materials enables parts with different geometries, mechanical properties, and colors; use of the same Support material for all model types makes switching materials easy and fast
© Copyright 2005 Objet Geometries Ltd.
Technology Brief Specifications
- HQ: 16 microns (0.0006 inches).
- HS: 30 microns (0.0011 inches).
- HQ: X axis: 600 x 600 x 1600 dpi (X, Y, and Z)
- HS: X axis: 600 x 600 x 889 dpi (X, Y, and Z)
Eden500V System Highlights: (PDF)
- Ultra-thin layers PolyJet™ technology
- High resolution ensures smooth surfaces and fine detail
- 19.7 x 15.7 x 7.9 inch (500 x 400 x 200mm) tray size
- Transparent FullCure720 model material
- Vero White FullCure830 model material
- Vero Blue, FullCure840 model material
- Vero Black FullCure870 model material
- Tango Black FullCure970, rubber like flexible material, shore 61A
- Tango Gray FullCure950, rubber like flexible material, shore 75A
- Transparent FullCure705 support material
This Rapid Prototyper is capable will delivering High quality models for presentation, concept modeling, and form fit testing. Rapid prototyping has the capability to reducing both the design cycle time and costs dramatically
We are able to build prototype / models designed in most 3D Cad packages.Our main CAD software is SolidWorks, however it can read many 3D CAD file formats or exchange formats (igis, step, stl etc.).
There are several software packages available to convert MRI and CT scan files (DICOM etc.) to stl or in some cases to CAD parametric formats.