The Student Awards Committee is established to grant the awards, scholarships and bursaries open to Engineering undergraduate students.
- the Associate Dean – Academic as Chair;
- six College of Engineering Faculty Council members comprised of one representative from each of the following units:
- Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering
- Department of Civil & Geological Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Professional Development
- Department of Physics & Engineering Physics; and
- a staff member providing administrative leadership to undergraduate awards as designated by the Director, Engineering Student Centre (ex-officio and non-voting).
College of Engineering Development Officers will be invited as guests to the Committee meetings.
Administrative support for the Committee will be provided by the Engineering Student Centre.
- ensuring fairness, competence, transparency and inclusiveness in granting awards;
- advancing the College’s priorities through the process of granting awards; and
- promoting an atmosphere of student appreciation and recognition in the College of Engineering.
- distributing available awards, scholarships and bursaries;
- ensuring the selection of the best candidate in accordance with the award terms of reference and, where possible, College priorities; and
- making recommendations on award, scholarship and bursary terms of reference and on college policies and procedures regarding the distribution of awards, scholarships and bursaries to the Associate Dean – Academic, on request.
- ensuring the Committee operates in accordance with its Terms of Reference, other Faculty Council and University Council bylaws and within University policy;
- requesting the presence of non-committee members as needed; and
- representing the Committee at Faculty Council meetings.