Connect with engineering students & alumni
As a student, alumni, or friend of the College of Engineering, you have valuable life and career advice to share. With 85% of jobs being filled via networking and 2.4 million jobs available over the next four years, it is key for students and alumni alike to receive support and advice from those in industry. The top skills companies are looking for across ALL industries are active listening, speaking, critical thinking and social perceptiveness. Everyone can improve these skills by connecting with others, sharing your story and asking thoughtful questions.
Powered by Ten Thousand Coffees and RBC Future Launch, the USask College of Engineering Cafe is an exclusive networking and mentoring platform that introduces engineering alumni to fellow alumni, recent graduates and current engineering students based on specific career interests and goals. You can schedule and set up a coffee chat in-person or online.
By joining this network you will:
- Help shape the careers of engineering students and alumni by sharing your career advice and experience
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of engineering contacts based on your industry and interest
How It Works
- Sign up
- Set your interests
- Connect with students/new alumni online or in-person
- You’ll receive monthly introductions to a student or recent alumni based on your similar career interests and goals
- Suggest a time to chat, in-person at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience
- Receive an official LinkedIn certification to recognize your commitment to continuous learning and career advancement
- Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your preferred email address
- Connect with students and alumni from around the globe
- Join today by clicking here!
About Ten Thousand Coffees
Ten Thousand Coffees helps employees build the internal networks they need to succeed. They have partnered with RBC Future Launch to help bring their platform to universities across North America.
Why Engineering Alumni?
The College of Engineering is the first college to sign on with Ten Thousand Coffees. We are running a pilot project for the University of Saskatchewan and it is our hope to have more colleges come on board in the future.
If you’re from another college and interested in giving back or networking opportunities, email email@example.com