Be What the World Needs Campaign
The University of Saskatchewan's $500 million fundraising campaign is an opportunity to achieve critical renewal at the College of Engineering.
Designing visionary spaces is one of the four campaign priorities and that includes renewal of the Engineering Building. Our additional goals: Inspire students to succeed; Support Indigenous achievement; Lead critical research.
Engineering Advancement Trust (EAT)
Contribute to the EAT
- Alumni have created and lead the EAT legacy of giving back, so future engineers may succeed.
- Ensures engineering education at USask remains engaging and on the leading edge.
- Funds transformative projects and valuable laboratory and shop equipment.
EAT Alumni Service Awards
About the awards
Created in 2019, the EAT Alumni Service Awards recognize the selfless volunteerism, long-term dedication, and passion for engineering education of each honouree. Because of their dedication, the EAT continues to flourish today.
The nominee will meet the following award criteria:
- Is an alum of the College of Engineering
- Has demonstrated leadership, commitment, dedication, and volunteer service to the College of Engineering through activities of the EAT or other College activities
- Has encouraged, promoted and/or contributed philanthropic support for the College
- Has strengthened alumni pride and engagement with the College and/or its Alumni Chapters either through participation in EAT Activities or Chapter activities, class activities, student group support or other forms of College volunteerism, advocacy or support
- Has participated in activities that have contributed to the reputation and overall strength of the College
- Has made efforts to integrate the Board’s values of innovation, respect, diversity, and excellence in engineering throughout the College and beyond
- May not be a current member of the Engineering Advancement Trust Board of Trustees or currently employed by the University of Saskatchewan
The Engineering Advancement Trust will independently review and rank each nominee according to the award criteria. The highest aggregate scores and discussion by the committee members will determine the recipients of the EAT Alumni Service Awards.
How to nominate someone
When nominating a USask Engineering alumnus/alumna for an Engineering Advancement Trust (EAT) Alumni Service Award, your nomination package must include:
1. An online nomination submission
- Submitted by the nominator(s), indicating why the nominee is deserving of the award
2. A letter of support for the nominee
When writing the letter, please consider the following:
- Does the nominee uphold the EAT mission: to foster an engaged community of philanthropic alumni who advance the shared goal of supporting the college by providing the innovative lab equipment for the college, quality programming and initiatives that benefit USask Engineering students.
- Does the nominee uphold the University of Saskatchewan's values of integrity, honesty, ethics and commitment to Be What the World Needs?
- Writers must include their name, University of Saskatchewan degree(s) and graduation year(s) if applicable, email address and phone number.
To submit the letter:
- Nominators can submit it as Part 3 of the online nomination submission form
- Email it to: email@example.com noting in the subject line that it is a Letter of Support for an EAT Award
- Mail it to: College of Engineering, EAT Award Letter of Support, 57 Campus Drive, Saskatoon SK, S7N 5A9
3. Additional background information
Please include additional material that speaks to why the nominee is deserving of the award (eg. CV, resume, relevant news articles)
If you have questions about the Engineering Advancement Trust Alumni Service Awards, the nomination process, or need to submit supporting documents, please reach out to us.
|College of Engineering, Attn: Engineering Advancement Trust, 57 Campus Drive, Saskatoon SK, S7N 5A9
Online nomination form
Please note that you will be unable to save a partially completed form, so please have all of your information ready to submit.