- Hemodialysis membranes
- Membrane science and nanotechnology for energy & water sustainability
- Biomimetic and bioinspired nanomaterials for biomedical applications and advanced technologies
- Process modeling, simulation and optimization of complex systems
Education and Experience
PhD Chemical Engineering, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
Master of Science, Chemical Engineering, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt
My primary research interests focus on Membrane Science and Technology for Energy and Water Sustainability; Process Modeling, Simulation and Optimization of Complex Systems; Nanomaterials for Advanced Technologies and Clean Energy.
My research projects will focus on modeling; nanoscale molecular dynamics and computational fluid dynamics simulations; optimization; designing; developing; and synthesizing novel evolutional membranes with an advanced customized morphology that can pave the way for the sustainable engineering in the following areas:
- Optimal membrane technologies for water and wastewater treatment, and the multiplicity of usage scenarios for various applications, including ultrafiltration and forward osmosis membranes
- Novel nanocomposite electrolyte membranes for the transition to green renewable energy technology
- Biomimetic and bioinspired membranes for stable, high performance, and fouling mitigation
Currently accepting Master's and PhD students.
I dedicated to my chosen discipline and I have achieved a unique teaching portfolio, with a University Teaching Development Professional Program (UTDP) accredited by SEDA in the UK. In addition, I am a licensed Instructional Skills & Educational Development Facilitator and a Fellow of the Staff and Educational Development Association (FSEDA) to sustain my leadership in Engineering Education. My pedagogical research interests focus on, but are not limited to the influence of innovative active learning strategies and technology integration in engineering disciplines; creation of effective teams in classroom environments and collaborative research groups with a focus on equity, diversity and inclusion; effective learning transitions and transformations in educational approaches and course design.
Selected Professional Training and Development
- Facilitator Development Workshop (FDW), 2017
- University Teaching Development Professional Program (UTDP), accredited by the Educational Development Association of the United Kingdom (SEDA UK), 2017
- Design Sprint for Open Educational Recourses/Blend Courses, 2017
- Teaching and Designing an Online Course Certificate, 2016
- E-learning Faculty Development Training Program, 2015
- Professional Development in Teaching Program (PDTP), accredited by the Staff and Educational Development Association of the United Kingdom (SEDA UK), 2014
- Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW), 2012
Please visit my ORCiD page for a list of recent publications.
You can find group publications and talks here on my personal website.